The Pope visited and left. Matt Damon is about to become stranded on Mars but will undoubtedly come back. This means that for the universe to remain in balance, the Silicon Valley will remain the Silicon Valley despite the recent IBM breakthrough in carbon nanotubes. It makes perfect sense if you work startup hours…
Is there something you want to see made? Request it. Can’t find the flight board in the airport? Check your phone. Stuck in a rut? Take a class. Watch as the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup pulls scarf after scarf out of its sleeve…
- Amazing Karma has found a way to keep track of karma points earned and lost, and put that karma to great use. Plus, the story of how the startup came into existence is one of the better founder stories. (It could only bring good karma to read and share, right?)
- Startup ideas come cheap, which is a good thing because a bunch of ‘em out there aren’t worth a whole lot. Unfortunately they’re built anyway, which isn’t cheap at all. Request For Startup steers entrepreneurs toward ideas for things and services that people actually want.
- Rex ends those tiresome waits for prescriptions, which only add insult to injury when you’re feeling down. Instead of sneezing and suffering in public, this service hastens meds to your doorstep.
- How often would the average commuter adjust plans if it were possible to know the real arrival time of the next train or bus? We’re about to find out thanks to Transit App.
Living the Startup Life
- Not too long ago, enduring bullies was simple one of life’s given tribulations. Tech has been at the forefront of changing this mindset – and The-No-App gives both the anti-bullying movement and targets of bullies a powerful tool to stop bullies cold.
- So many great travel apps out there… but where O where is the airport flight board? Why, on your phone now, of course. Yeeeeeeessss!!!
- You’ve probably dreamed of going to a number of chefs’ houses for dinner before, but would never have thought that doing so was a realistic option. That, friends, has changed. The home kitchen doors are now open. (No, you don’t need to be friends with the chef.)
Startup Tips & Trends
- No one has enough time to send all the emails that they should in order to market effectively using email. This, however, is not a problem. Here’s how you fire off an email every time one is called for.
- Adding new skills is a great way to improve your value in any marketplace. If you’re thinking, “if only I had the time and there were classes that fit my schedule,” sharpen those pencils, or charge those devices, or… The point is, there’s any easy way to find the right class that’s right for you.
- Do you basically live on Gmail, but find that you need to turn elsewhere when you need to mail a lot of people? Prepare to love Gmail even more. A lot more.